BJP stalling important bills in Parliament: Digvijay Singh
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Wednesday that by opposing the government in Parliament "without any reason", the BJP has only stalled discussion and passing of many important bills.
"Because of the BJP`s opposition in Parliament, many bills including Lokpal, land acquisition and protecting whistleblowers could not be discussed," he told reporters.
Regarding Punjab and Madhya Pradesh where ruling parties had opposed foreign direct investment in retail, he said that he would like to ask why Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had no hesitation in opening a retail chain of Germany`s Metro Company.
He said that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated shops belonging to Best Price which has a partnership with Walmart.
He said that Madhya Pradesh`s farmers were in distress due to urea being sold in the black market.
"I hope that the Madhya Pradesh government will take some steps to provide relief to farmers," he said.
A political struggle is on between those who wanted to keep the country united and those who wanted to divide it, he said.
On one hand, the Congress was working for unity by adopting Gandhi`s path, while right wing forces wish to follow the path shown by Guru Golwalkar and Nathuram Godse, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced