BJP stalling important bills in Parliament: Digvijay Singh
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Wednesday that by opposing the government in Parliament "without any reason", the BJP has only stalled discussion and passing of many important bills.
"Because of the BJP`s opposition in Parliament, many bills including Lokpal, land acquisition and protecting whistleblowers could not be discussed," he told reporters.
Regarding Punjab and Madhya Pradesh where ruling parties had opposed foreign direct investment in retail, he said that he would like to ask why Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had no hesitation in opening a retail chain of Germany`s Metro Company.
He said that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated shops belonging to Best Price which has a partnership with Walmart.
He said that Madhya Pradesh`s farmers were in distress due to urea being sold in the black market.
"I hope that the Madhya Pradesh government will take some steps to provide relief to farmers," he said.
A political struggle is on between those who wanted to keep the country united and those who wanted to divide it, he said.
On one hand, the Congress was working for unity by adopting Gandhi`s path, while right wing forces wish to follow the path shown by Guru Golwalkar and Nathuram Godse, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB