BJYM leader, four others accused of rape in Ujjain
Ujjain: Five persons, including a BJP youth wing leader, have been booked for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl, police said on Saturday.
While Jeetu, Sheru and Sandeep Goswami were arrested, BJP youth wing`s Badnagar town president Ritesh Chandiwala and Manoj Kataria are absconding, they said.
The victim was allegedly raped by Ritesh and Manoj last week when she went to the BJYM leader`s house in Badnanagr for some work, they said, adding that the duo threatened her of killing her father if she disclosed anyone about the crime.
Subsequently, Jeetu, Sheru and Sandeep also allegedly raped the victim, they said. The crime came to light on May 19 when the girl and her parents approached the police.
Opposition Congress today gave a call for Badnagar bandh, demanding immediate arrest of all the accused. PCC president Kantilal Bhuria alleged that the district administration and police were shielding the accused as an FIR had been filed under milder sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA from Badnagar Shantilal Dabai claimed in his memorandum to the Superintendent of Police that Chandiwala was present at a programme elsewhere at the time of the alleged crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish