BJYM leader, four others accused of rape in Ujjain
Ujjain: Five persons, including a BJP youth wing leader, have been booked for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl, police said on Saturday.
While Jeetu, Sheru and Sandeep Goswami were arrested, BJP youth wing`s Badnagar town president Ritesh Chandiwala and Manoj Kataria are absconding, they said.
The victim was allegedly raped by Ritesh and Manoj last week when she went to the BJYM leader`s house in Badnanagr for some work, they said, adding that the duo threatened her of killing her father if she disclosed anyone about the crime.
Subsequently, Jeetu, Sheru and Sandeep also allegedly raped the victim, they said. The crime came to light on May 19 when the girl and her parents approached the police.
Opposition Congress today gave a call for Badnagar bandh, demanding immediate arrest of all the accused. PCC president Kantilal Bhuria alleged that the district administration and police were shielding the accused as an FIR had been filed under milder sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA from Badnagar Shantilal Dabai claimed in his memorandum to the Superintendent of Police that Chandiwala was present at a programme elsewhere at the time of the alleged crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing