Brown sugar worth Rs 1.5 cr seized, two held in MP
Jhabua: Two persons were arrested after brown sugar worth about Rs 1.5 crore was recovered from them, an official said Monday.
The flying squad of the narcotics department intercepted the two persons, Sher Khan and Chawan Khan, who hailed from Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh, on late Saturday night while they had boarded the Indore-Mumbai Avantika Express at Ratlam, B R Meena, Regional Director of Narcotics Department, Indore said.
Upon search, brown sugar valued at about Rs 1.5 crore was seized from their possession and they were arrested at Bamaniya railway station, he said, adding that the duo was planning to go to Mumbai.
The two have been booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed