Brown sugar worth Rs 1.5 cr seized, two held in MP
Jhabua: Two persons were arrested after brown sugar worth about Rs 1.5 crore was recovered from them, an official said Monday.
The flying squad of the narcotics department intercepted the two persons, Sher Khan and Chawan Khan, who hailed from Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh, on late Saturday night while they had boarded the Indore-Mumbai Avantika Express at Ratlam, B R Meena, Regional Director of Narcotics Department, Indore said.
Upon search, brown sugar valued at about Rs 1.5 crore was seized from their possession and they were arrested at Bamaniya railway station, he said, adding that the duo was planning to go to Mumbai.
The two have been booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown