Case against MLA`s kin for backing out on marriage
Shahdol: Police have registered a case against the 22-year-old nephew of a BJP MLA here for reneging on his promise a marry a girl.
Sarman came into contact with this 15-year-old girl about a year back and since then he had been promising her that the two would marry, police said.
During the relationship, when the girl became pregnant and approached the Panchayat, it ruled that Sarman must marry her.
Despite this, when he did not wed her, a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against him at Sidhi police station in the district.
Sarman is now on the run and police are looking for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days