Case against MLA`s kin for backing out on marriage
Shahdol: Police have registered a case against the 22-year-old nephew of a BJP MLA here for reneging on his promise a marry a girl.
Sarman came into contact with this 15-year-old girl about a year back and since then he had been promising her that the two would marry, police said.
During the relationship, when the girl became pregnant and approached the Panchayat, it ruled that Sarman must marry her.
Despite this, when he did not wed her, a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against him at Sidhi police station in the district.
Sarman is now on the run and police are looking for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere