Case against MLA`s kin for backing out on marriage
Shahdol: Police have registered a case against the 22-year-old nephew of a BJP MLA here for reneging on his promise a marry a girl.
Sarman came into contact with this 15-year-old girl about a year back and since then he had been promising her that the two would marry, police said.
During the relationship, when the girl became pregnant and approached the Panchayat, it ruled that Sarman must marry her.
Despite this, when he did not wed her, a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against him at Sidhi police station in the district.
Sarman is now on the run and police are looking for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack