Case against MLA`s kin for backing out on marriage
Shahdol: Police have registered a case against the 22-year-old nephew of a BJP MLA here for reneging on his promise a marry a girl.
Sarman came into contact with this 15-year-old girl about a year back and since then he had been promising her that the two would marry, police said.
During the relationship, when the girl became pregnant and approached the Panchayat, it ruled that Sarman must marry her.
Despite this, when he did not wed her, a case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code was registered against him at Sidhi police station in the district.
Sarman is now on the run and police are looking for him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India