Pragya Singh Thakur subjected to third degree torture: Swami Agnivesh
Bhopal: Swami Agnivesh, who visited Pragya Singh Thakur last week said that the sadhvi was subjected to third degree torture in jail.
He was of the belief that the vertebra of Malegaon blast accused was damaged due to torture.
Swami Agnivesh visited Pragya in Bhopal Central Jail and was with her for around an hour. He was accompanied by Manu Singh who is the chief of the youth wing of the Arya Samaj.
The swami said that he would file a petition to the home minister, asking him to safeguard her human rights and make sure that she gets a speedy trial.
Pragya Singh herself had alleged torture by the Maharashtra ATS in the past. She had also written to former president Pratibha Patil in December 2012 regarding the same when she was lodged in the Nashik Central Jail.
Pragya is also suffering from breast cancer.
The swami told a newspaper that Pragya’s bail application had been pending with the Bombay High Court for months now and that she had been subjected to narco tests more than three times.
He, however, told the daily that he had taken up the matter purely from human rights angle and that it was not a question supporting the “left of the right,”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India