Pragya Singh Thakur subjected to third degree torture: Swami Agnivesh
Bhopal: Swami Agnivesh, who visited Pragya Singh Thakur last week said that the sadhvi was subjected to third degree torture in jail.
He was of the belief that the vertebra of Malegaon blast accused was damaged due to torture.
Swami Agnivesh visited Pragya in Bhopal Central Jail and was with her for around an hour. He was accompanied by Manu Singh who is the chief of the youth wing of the Arya Samaj.
The swami said that he would file a petition to the home minister, asking him to safeguard her human rights and make sure that she gets a speedy trial.
Pragya Singh herself had alleged torture by the Maharashtra ATS in the past. She had also written to former president Pratibha Patil in December 2012 regarding the same when she was lodged in the Nashik Central Jail.
Pragya is also suffering from breast cancer.
The swami told a newspaper that Pragya’s bail application had been pending with the Bombay High Court for months now and that she had been subjected to narco tests more than three times.
He, however, told the daily that he had taken up the matter purely from human rights angle and that it was not a question supporting the “left of the right,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?