Pragya Singh Thakur subjected to third degree torture: Swami Agnivesh
Bhopal: Swami Agnivesh, who visited Pragya Singh Thakur last week said that the sadhvi was subjected to third degree torture in jail.
He was of the belief that the vertebra of Malegaon blast accused was damaged due to torture.
Swami Agnivesh visited Pragya in Bhopal Central Jail and was with her for around an hour. He was accompanied by Manu Singh who is the chief of the youth wing of the Arya Samaj.
The swami said that he would file a petition to the home minister, asking him to safeguard her human rights and make sure that she gets a speedy trial.
Pragya Singh herself had alleged torture by the Maharashtra ATS in the past. She had also written to former president Pratibha Patil in December 2012 regarding the same when she was lodged in the Nashik Central Jail.
Pragya is also suffering from breast cancer.
The swami told a newspaper that Pragya’s bail application had been pending with the Bombay High Court for months now and that she had been subjected to narco tests more than three times.
He, however, told the daily that he had taken up the matter purely from human rights angle and that it was not a question supporting the “left of the right,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter