Chargesheet filed against six for Swiss woman`s gang-rape in MP
Datia: The Datia police have filed a chargesheet against six accused in a local court, for allegedly gang-raping a Swiss woman on March 16 in a forest, the police said.
It was perhaps for the first time that a chargesheet in a gang-rape case was filed without any test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
Investigation officer NS Rawat, who is also in-charge of the women`s cell said that a hundred-page chargesheet was filed yesterday against the accused under various sections pertaining to rape and robbery.
The prosecution said that it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused. The police has also claimed that it has enough scientific evidence to prove the charges against the accused.
Chambal Range DIG Dilip Arya also confirmed that the chargesheet was filed in the Additional District Judge`s court and the trial would begin from March 30.
The 38-years-old female rape victim from Switzerland was on her way to Agra from Orchha on a bicycle tour with her companion, when the incident occurred.
The Swiss national and her companion were camping in the open near a forest area on her way to Agra when about half-a-dozen armed people gang-raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!