Chargesheet filed against six for Swiss woman`s gang-rape in MP
Datia: The Datia police have filed a chargesheet against six accused in a local court, for allegedly gang-raping a Swiss woman on March 16 in a forest, the police said.
It was perhaps for the first time that a chargesheet in a gang-rape case was filed without any test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
Investigation officer NS Rawat, who is also in-charge of the women`s cell said that a hundred-page chargesheet was filed yesterday against the accused under various sections pertaining to rape and robbery.
The prosecution said that it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused. The police has also claimed that it has enough scientific evidence to prove the charges against the accused.
Chambal Range DIG Dilip Arya also confirmed that the chargesheet was filed in the Additional District Judge`s court and the trial would begin from March 30.
The 38-years-old female rape victim from Switzerland was on her way to Agra from Orchha on a bicycle tour with her companion, when the incident occurred.
The Swiss national and her companion were camping in the open near a forest area on her way to Agra when about half-a-dozen armed people gang-raped her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?