Chouhan demands death penalty for rapists
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has joined the growing clamour to award capital punishment to perpetrators of rape.
"The state government was considering setting up fast track courts for speedy disposal of rape cases", Chouhan said addressing a group of children that called on him at his residence here on Sunday.
"A database of habitual offenders in crimes like rape and eve-teasing would be prepared", he said, adding special police squads would be formed and posted at colleges to put an end to the menace of eve-teasing.
Chouhan said that those found guilty of rape or eve-teasing will be deprived of driving licences and considered unfit for government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’