Chouhan demands death penalty for rapists
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has joined the growing clamour to award capital punishment to perpetrators of rape.
"The state government was considering setting up fast track courts for speedy disposal of rape cases", Chouhan said addressing a group of children that called on him at his residence here on Sunday.
"A database of habitual offenders in crimes like rape and eve-teasing would be prepared", he said, adding special police squads would be formed and posted at colleges to put an end to the menace of eve-teasing.
Chouhan said that those found guilty of rape or eve-teasing will be deprived of driving licences and considered unfit for government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng