Chouhan demands death penalty for rapists
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has joined the growing clamour to award capital punishment to perpetrators of rape.
"The state government was considering setting up fast track courts for speedy disposal of rape cases", Chouhan said addressing a group of children that called on him at his residence here on Sunday.
"A database of habitual offenders in crimes like rape and eve-teasing would be prepared", he said, adding special police squads would be formed and posted at colleges to put an end to the menace of eve-teasing.
Chouhan said that those found guilty of rape or eve-teasing will be deprived of driving licences and considered unfit for government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!