Chouhan demands death penalty for rapists
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has joined the growing clamour to award capital punishment to perpetrators of rape.
"The state government was considering setting up fast track courts for speedy disposal of rape cases", Chouhan said addressing a group of children that called on him at his residence here on Sunday.
"A database of habitual offenders in crimes like rape and eve-teasing would be prepared", he said, adding special police squads would be formed and posted at colleges to put an end to the menace of eve-teasing.
Chouhan said that those found guilty of rape or eve-teasing will be deprived of driving licences and considered unfit for government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...