Chouhan demands death penalty for rapists
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has joined the growing clamour to award capital punishment to perpetrators of rape.
"The state government was considering setting up fast track courts for speedy disposal of rape cases", Chouhan said addressing a group of children that called on him at his residence here on Sunday.
"A database of habitual offenders in crimes like rape and eve-teasing would be prepared", he said, adding special police squads would be formed and posted at colleges to put an end to the menace of eve-teasing.
Chouhan said that those found guilty of rape or eve-teasing will be deprived of driving licences and considered unfit for government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed