Cong condemns MP Chief Minister`s remarks against Biharis
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan came in for condemnation from the
Congress for his statement that jobs in the state should not
be allowed to be taken away by Biharis.
"The statement is condemnable. The Constitution is
very clear, any citizen has the right to settle anywhere in
the country and can work. No government in the country or any
individual is above the Constitution. If any Chief Minister or
government gives such statement, it is condemnable," party
spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Chouhan`s statement that "locals should be given
preference in employment in the industries being set up in the
state. It should not happen that people should come from
outside...Bihar and get the jobs here," evoked sharp
condemnation also from Bihar leaders Lalu Yadav and Ram Vilas
AICC spokesman Manish Tewari said it was irresponsible on
the part of Chouhan to have made the remarks. "The
Constitution is very clear, any citizen has the right to
settle anywhere in the country and can work. No government in
the country, any individual is above the Constitution," he
In a similar vein, the Congress leader made it clear that
"the new Maharashtra government should deal with MNS or Raj
Thackrey in the manner you deal with anybody, who violates the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016