Cong releases `charge sheet` against Chouhan government
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh on Sunday alleged that Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta had sought permission to take action against 14 BJP ministers in corruption cases, but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan did not give the nod.
Ahead of the Assembly polls, Ajay, who is Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, released "a charge sheet" against the BJP government at a press conference here.
To a question, he claimed Congress, which had won 71 of the 230 seats in the state in 2008, would double its tally this time.
The "charge sheet" was issued in the presence of Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh Mohan Prakash and former Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, among others.
The "charge sheet" claims that during the last five years of BJP rule, there were scams to the tune of Rs 1,46,000 crore.
The Chief Minister made several announcements, but most of them remained only on paper, it alleged.
Even senior BJP leaders such as Uma Bharti had admitted that there was corruption in Madhya Pradesh, it said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside