Congress seeks Governor nod for MP Minister`s pros
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Tuesday requested Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav to grant sanction to prosecute Industry Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya in the alleged pension scam of Indore.
A delegation of Congress leaders led by Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh submitted a memorandum to the Governor seeking his nod to prosecute the BJP Minister.
The delegation consisted of Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, Chief Whip N P Prajapati and Kalpana Parulekar, among others.
Later talking to reporters, Ajay said the Jain Commission, which probed the scam, had submitted its report to the Government but the same was not being tabled in the Assembly by the ruling BJP.
The report, whose findings have not been made public, was presented to the Government on September 15, but no action had been taken since then on such a sensitive issue which involved destitute women, he said.
The scam relates to alleged irregularities in distribution of Government`s social security pension to poor women when Vijaywargiya was Mayor of Indore from 2000 to 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft continues for sixth day
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!