Congress seeks Governor nod for MP Minister`s pros
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Tuesday requested Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav to grant sanction to prosecute Industry Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya in the alleged pension scam of Indore.
A delegation of Congress leaders led by Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh submitted a memorandum to the Governor seeking his nod to prosecute the BJP Minister.
The delegation consisted of Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, Chief Whip N P Prajapati and Kalpana Parulekar, among others.
Later talking to reporters, Ajay said the Jain Commission, which probed the scam, had submitted its report to the Government but the same was not being tabled in the Assembly by the ruling BJP.
The report, whose findings have not been made public, was presented to the Government on September 15, but no action had been taken since then on such a sensitive issue which involved destitute women, he said.
The scam relates to alleged irregularities in distribution of Government`s social security pension to poor women when Vijaywargiya was Mayor of Indore from 2000 to 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents