Congress sends defamation notice to Ramdev over homosexuality
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s Legal and Human Rights Department`s General Secretary Pramod Kumar Dwivedi sent a defamation notice today to yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his controversial remarks against fellow party workers on the issue of homosexuality.
The yoga guru had reportedly said, "It appears that many Congress activists were supporting gay sex as they are homosexuals".
Dwivedi said that he has sent a defamation notice to Ramdev demanding withdrawal of his controversial statement within seven days and express regrets for it on television news channels.
"We have also demanded that he should issue a written statement in newspapers apologising to Congress President Sonia Gandhi failing which legal action would be taken against him," Dwivedi said.
He said that because of Ramdev`s controversial statement, Congress workers` social reputation was damaged and they have to face humiliating situations at many places in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics