Congress sends defamation notice to Ramdev over homosexuality
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s Legal and Human Rights Department`s General Secretary Pramod Kumar Dwivedi sent a defamation notice today to yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his controversial remarks against fellow party workers on the issue of homosexuality.
The yoga guru had reportedly said, "It appears that many Congress activists were supporting gay sex as they are homosexuals".
Dwivedi said that he has sent a defamation notice to Ramdev demanding withdrawal of his controversial statement within seven days and express regrets for it on television news channels.
"We have also demanded that he should issue a written statement in newspapers apologising to Congress President Sonia Gandhi failing which legal action would be taken against him," Dwivedi said.
He said that because of Ramdev`s controversial statement, Congress workers` social reputation was damaged and they have to face humiliating situations at many places in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC