Congress sends defamation notice to Ramdev over homosexuality
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s Legal and Human Rights Department`s General Secretary Pramod Kumar Dwivedi sent a defamation notice today to yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his controversial remarks against fellow party workers on the issue of homosexuality.
The yoga guru had reportedly said, "It appears that many Congress activists were supporting gay sex as they are homosexuals".
Dwivedi said that he has sent a defamation notice to Ramdev demanding withdrawal of his controversial statement within seven days and express regrets for it on television news channels.
"We have also demanded that he should issue a written statement in newspapers apologising to Congress President Sonia Gandhi failing which legal action would be taken against him," Dwivedi said.
He said that because of Ramdev`s controversial statement, Congress workers` social reputation was damaged and they have to face humiliating situations at many places in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city