Congress slams MP`s BJP Government over land acquisition
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Friday accused Madhya Pradesh`s BJP Government of cheating farmers in the name of industrial development.
Farmers whose land was being acquired for setting up industries were neither being paid adequate compensation nor given rehabilitation package, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
He said the Shivraj Singh Chouhan Government should issue a white paper on the land acquired from farmers and tribals in the state from 2005 to 2012.
The Chairman of the National Commission for SC/ST has written to Chouhan and expressed objection to the manner in which the land was being acquired from tribals in the state, the Congress leader maintained.
Land acquisition for a private power project in Katni district has become a big issue in the state as the locals are opposing the move.
The Commission Chairman has also pointed out that rehabilitation policy for the affected people, formulated in 2002, was not being followed properly, he said.
Ajay warned that this may lead to an "explosive" situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what