Congress slams MP`s BJP Government over land acquisition
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Friday accused Madhya Pradesh`s BJP Government of cheating farmers in the name of industrial development.
Farmers whose land was being acquired for setting up industries were neither being paid adequate compensation nor given rehabilitation package, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
He said the Shivraj Singh Chouhan Government should issue a white paper on the land acquired from farmers and tribals in the state from 2005 to 2012.
The Chairman of the National Commission for SC/ST has written to Chouhan and expressed objection to the manner in which the land was being acquired from tribals in the state, the Congress leader maintained.
Land acquisition for a private power project in Katni district has become a big issue in the state as the locals are opposing the move.
The Commission Chairman has also pointed out that rehabilitation policy for the affected people, formulated in 2002, was not being followed properly, he said.
Ajay warned that this may lead to an "explosive" situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?