Congress slams MP`s BJP Government over land acquisition
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Friday accused Madhya Pradesh`s BJP Government of cheating farmers in the name of industrial development.
Farmers whose land was being acquired for setting up industries were neither being paid adequate compensation nor given rehabilitation package, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
He said the Shivraj Singh Chouhan Government should issue a white paper on the land acquired from farmers and tribals in the state from 2005 to 2012.
The Chairman of the National Commission for SC/ST has written to Chouhan and expressed objection to the manner in which the land was being acquired from tribals in the state, the Congress leader maintained.
Land acquisition for a private power project in Katni district has become a big issue in the state as the locals are opposing the move.
The Commission Chairman has also pointed out that rehabilitation policy for the affected people, formulated in 2002, was not being followed properly, he said.
Ajay warned that this may lead to an "explosive" situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days