Constable shoots, wounds ASI, commits suicide in MP
Sagar: A constable allegedly committed suicide after shooting and seriously wounding a police officer at Chhanbila police station on Sagar-Chhatarpur road last night.
Constable Sukhram Upadhyaya first shot Assistant Police Inspector YK Awasthi with his service gun. Awasthi was preparing duty roster of constables on the day of Holi.
Upadhyaya then left the station and shot himself about 100 metres away.
Sources said he was miffed after being put on `warrant service` duty in another district and had an altercation with Awasthi a few days ago. Further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000