Curfew in MP village following tension after rape attempt
Ujjain: Curfew has been imposed this morning in Ghosla village near here following tension there after an alleged attempt was made to abduct and rape a girl.
Madhya Pradesh DIG Sriniwas Verma today said the girl was returning home from school yesterday evening when five boys of another community told her that she had been asked to return to the school.
However, instead of taking her to school, the boys allegedly tried to rape her.
When the girl raised an alarm, the villagers gathered and the boys fled, Verma said.
Later, there was stone-throwing by people from both the communities in the village last night following which prohibitory orders were enforced.
Police have arrested three of the five boys, the DIG said adding that they have been identified as - Altaf, Golu and Irshad - while the other two - Salman and Irshad - were still on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state