Don’t send official delegation to Olympics: NGOs
Bhopal: Organisations working for the victims of Bhopal Gas Disaster have requested Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to get a resolution passed in the state Assembly that Centre should not send ‘official delegation’ to the London Olympics.
The organisations, including Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan and Bhopal Sangharsh Sahyog Samiti, said in a letter to Chouhan that such a boycott would be the best way to protest against Dow Chemicals` sponsorship of London Games.
Dow is the present owner of erstwhile Union Carbide Corporation. Union Carbide`s pesticide plant in Bhopal was the origin of gas leak on the intervening night of December 2-3, 1984, which claimed over three thousand lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan