Don’t send official delegation to Olympics: NGOs
Bhopal: Organisations working for the victims of Bhopal Gas Disaster have requested Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to get a resolution passed in the state Assembly that Centre should not send ‘official delegation’ to the London Olympics.
The organisations, including Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan and Bhopal Sangharsh Sahyog Samiti, said in a letter to Chouhan that such a boycott would be the best way to protest against Dow Chemicals` sponsorship of London Games.
Dow is the present owner of erstwhile Union Carbide Corporation. Union Carbide`s pesticide plant in Bhopal was the origin of gas leak on the intervening night of December 2-3, 1984, which claimed over three thousand lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi