Don’t send official delegation to Olympics: NGOs
Bhopal: Organisations working for the victims of Bhopal Gas Disaster have requested Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to get a resolution passed in the state Assembly that Centre should not send ‘official delegation’ to the London Olympics.
The organisations, including Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan and Bhopal Sangharsh Sahyog Samiti, said in a letter to Chouhan that such a boycott would be the best way to protest against Dow Chemicals` sponsorship of London Games.
Dow is the present owner of erstwhile Union Carbide Corporation. Union Carbide`s pesticide plant in Bhopal was the origin of gas leak on the intervening night of December 2-3, 1984, which claimed over three thousand lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory