Dreaded MP dacoit Kalla Yadav arrested
Panna: Dreaded dacoit Kalla Yadav was arrested along with an accomplice after an exchange of fire with the police at Banhari village here, police said on Tuesday.
Kalla, wanted in connection with around 25 cases was held yesterday. He carried a reward of Rs 25000 for arrest.
On credible information that a dacoit was hiding in the sugarcane fields in the village, a police team led by Superintendent of Police, Vineet Khanna headed for place.
The entire village was cordoned of and the dacoits were asked to surrender but instead they began firing, police said.
After an exchange of fire, Kalla and one of his associates Bitwa Yadav were arrested while a third accomplice managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report