Eight bonded labourers freed in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Eight bonded labourers, including seven women, belonging to Chhattisgarh have been freed during a raid in Madhya Pradesh`s Morena town, police said Wednesday.
"On a tip-off, cops raided a brick kiln in civil lines locality of Morena town late Tuesday and freed eight labourers. They were held hostage at the site for over a month," a police official said.
Police have registered a case against the owner of the brick kiln, Ramlakhan, and his associate Visheshwar. Both are absconding and a hunt has been launched for them.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- RSS is against westernization, not modernization: Nitin Gadkari
- AAP govt, MCDs have responsibility to pay salaries: HC
- Bengaluru tops online learning in India: Coursera
- 50% Indian corporates open to working with start-ups
- SC notice to Centre, state governments on PIL for uploading FIR within 24 hours