Eight bonded labourers freed in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Eight bonded labourers, including seven women, belonging to Chhattisgarh have been freed during a raid in Madhya Pradesh`s Morena town, police said Wednesday.
"On a tip-off, cops raided a brick kiln in civil lines locality of Morena town late Tuesday and freed eight labourers. They were held hostage at the site for over a month," a police official said.
Police have registered a case against the owner of the brick kiln, Ramlakhan, and his associate Visheshwar. Both are absconding and a hunt has been launched for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'