Farmers` situation in MP can`t be compared to Vidarbha: BJP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP President, Prabhat
Jha Wednesday said the situation in the state, where some farmers committed suicide recently after crop failure, was in no way
similar to the one prevailing in the Vidarbha region of
"Madhya Pradesh continues to be an island of peace where
only a few farmers have committed suicide and real causes of
those suicides must be found out," Jha told reporters.
He said that Centre had a discriminatory attitude
towards Madhya Pradesh on the issue of financial package for
farmers, and this forced the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan to announce that he would go on a hunger strike on
Talking about by-elections in Kukshi and Sonkatch
assembly by-elections in the state, Jha ruled out the
possibility of any `sabotage` by dissatisfied elements in the
Expressing confidence that the BJP would win both the
seats, Prabhat said that people were fed up with various
scandals that had taken place under the Congress-led UPA
government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY