Gang-rape accused lynched by furious mob in MP
Gwalior: In a case of vigilante justice, a gang-rape accused was allegedly lynched here by an angry mob after he tried to threaten the victim`s family to withdraw the complaint against him, police said on Friday.
Narendra Kushwah (35), a resident of Rampuri Nagar under Bodharpur police station area, along with another person allegedly abducted and gang-raped a minor girl here on July 31, following which her parents filed a police complaint.
Enraged over the incident, a group of persons yesterday thrashed him badly when he reached the girl`s residence to threaten them to withdraw the complaint, police said.
Kushwah died on the spot. However, his accomplice was caught and is in police custody.
According to police, Kushwah was wanted in more than 15 criminal cases including murder and extortion.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report