Girl gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh
Gwalior: A 19-year-old girl from Betul was allegedly gang-raped by three youths in Mahalgaon locality, police said on Sunday.
The offence took place last month, but it came to light on Friday last when the girl, on returning to Betul, revealed it to her parents who reported the matter to police after which the case reached Gwalior through DIG Hoshangabad, they said.
Gwalior police have registered a rape case against three accused, one of whom was known to the victim, on the basis of Betul police case diary.
Senior Superintendent of Police Santosh Singh said the legal process will take its due course and the matter will be probed on a priority basis.
The incident was known only on the basis of police case diary from Betul as the victim did not inform about the offence here during her stay.
The victim had come to Gwalior on January 23 this year on the invitation of her acquaintance in Betul, identified as Chandu alias Aditya Thakur.
The girl said she was in love with Thakur, but since her parents were against it, she left Betul and went to meet Aditya in Gwalior.
According to the police complaint, the victim was first raped by Thakur. Later, when she expressed her desire to return Betul after an altercation with him, Aditya sent his friends- Manish Thakur and Seva Dass Thakur- to take her to Betul but the two raped her on the way before abandoning her.
Later, she somehow managed to reach Betul, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened