Girl gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh
Gwalior: A 19-year-old girl from Betul was allegedly gang-raped by three youths in Mahalgaon locality, police said on Sunday.
The offence took place last month, but it came to light on Friday last when the girl, on returning to Betul, revealed it to her parents who reported the matter to police after which the case reached Gwalior through DIG Hoshangabad, they said.
Gwalior police have registered a rape case against three accused, one of whom was known to the victim, on the basis of Betul police case diary.
Senior Superintendent of Police Santosh Singh said the legal process will take its due course and the matter will be probed on a priority basis.
The incident was known only on the basis of police case diary from Betul as the victim did not inform about the offence here during her stay.
The victim had come to Gwalior on January 23 this year on the invitation of her acquaintance in Betul, identified as Chandu alias Aditya Thakur.
The girl said she was in love with Thakur, but since her parents were against it, she left Betul and went to meet Aditya in Gwalior.
According to the police complaint, the victim was first raped by Thakur. Later, when she expressed her desire to return Betul after an altercation with him, Aditya sent his friends- Manish Thakur and Seva Dass Thakur- to take her to Betul but the two raped her on the way before abandoning her.
Later, she somehow managed to reach Betul, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia