Global Investors Summit became BJP conclave: Congr
Indore: Doubting the claims of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan about the success of Global Investors Summit which ended here two days ago, state Congress on Thursday alleged that it was rather "a BJP conclave", with foreign investors not turning up.
The state government said it had invited 22 ambassadors and foreign delegates, but hardly anyone came up with investment proposals, MP Congress spokesman Narendra Saluja and district Congress president Pramod Tandon said.
The MP government had made bogus claims on investment proposals, they alleged while saying the Congress would demand information on this through the Right to Information (RTI).
In a nine-point questionnaire to Chouhan government, the Congress leaders asked how much of the land of 19,000 hectares of `land bank` for industrial development had been alloted at the previous summit and not utilised.
For the last nine years the BJP government had been promising 24x7 power to farmers, but it was still a mirage in rural areas, they said, adding that Chouhan government`s quest for foreign investment was ridiculous when BJP held protest against FDI in retail simultaneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends