HC asks local courts to submit details on pending
Gwalior: Taking cognisance of a large number of rape cases pending in different courts, the Gwalior Bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court has directed its subordinate district and sessions courts to furnish information about all such cases to it by May 16.
The direction to the effect was given by Gwalior Bench justice SK Gangal and justice VK Dubey yesterday while hearing a petition filed by a social worker Shivmohan Kushwaha about the rape of a minor girl.
As per the directive, the subordinate courts are required to submit information about all pending cases of rape, the reasons as to why they were pending, about charge sheets filed, etc.
Kushwaha had filed the petition over the gang-rape of a minor girl by three youths in Gwalior last month after kidnapping her.
He stated that the police had not filed charge sheet before the court although all the accused were apprehended.
The petitioner also said that a total of 796 cases of rape were registered in the Gwalior-Chambal division spread over 5/6 districts from October 2011 to January 31 this year of which 27 were gang-rapes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader