HC asks local courts to submit details on pending
Gwalior: Taking cognisance of a large number of rape cases pending in different courts, the Gwalior Bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court has directed its subordinate district and sessions courts to furnish information about all such cases to it by May 16.
The direction to the effect was given by Gwalior Bench justice SK Gangal and justice VK Dubey yesterday while hearing a petition filed by a social worker Shivmohan Kushwaha about the rape of a minor girl.
As per the directive, the subordinate courts are required to submit information about all pending cases of rape, the reasons as to why they were pending, about charge sheets filed, etc.
Kushwaha had filed the petition over the gang-rape of a minor girl by three youths in Gwalior last month after kidnapping her.
He stated that the police had not filed charge sheet before the court although all the accused were apprehended.
The petitioner also said that a total of 796 cases of rape were registered in the Gwalior-Chambal division spread over 5/6 districts from October 2011 to January 31 this year of which 27 were gang-rapes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Snapdeal partners Puravankara to sell flats with assured rent
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test Results, APICET 2016 Results to be declared on May 27; check apicet.net.in
- Humiliation bothers obese air travellers the most