IAS officer`s sons booked for attacking man in Bhopal
Bhopal: A case has been registered against two sons of an IAS officer for allegedly attacking a man here.
On Saturday late night, Datia Collector G B Kabirpanthi`s sons Tony and Sambhav opened fire at the residence of Anant Srivastava in the T T Nagar locality of the city, police said on Monday.
Anant told the police that the duo came to his house and Tony slapped him. Later, Tony came again with his brother and opened fire at his house.
The gun shots were fired in the air but no pellets were recovered till now, police said. Adding a case has been registered against the two brothers.
Meanwhile, when asked about the incident, the Datia collector said his sons had been "wrongly framed" by police in the case.
He alleged that it was Anant and some of his friends, in an inebriated state, who had severely beaten up his son Tony on Saturday night in which the latter suffered many injuries.
He said Tony had reached Datia last night by train and arrangements were being made for his proper treatment.
The collector also said that he had informed the T T Nagar police station about Tony`s arrival in Datia since he was not in a position to go to Bhopal.
Police suspect the incident was a fallout of an earlier dispute between Anant and the two brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog