IIM-Indore student`s body fished out from waterfall
Indore: Body of the Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) student, who drowned in a waterfall near
here, was fished out today, police said.
Vinod Varma (25), a second year student of Post-
Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM-Indore, drowned in Sheetlamata
waterfall at Manpur, about 50 km from here, yesterday, they
Varma, a resident of Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), was part
of a group of students, who had gone to the waterfall for a
picnic. He went for a swimming in the fall, but got trapped in
whirlpool, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural),
Padmavilochan Shukla told reporters.
The other students raised an alarm but all efforts to
pull him out proved futile, he said.
Today four divers launched fresh efforts and pulled
his body from the deep waters after about 18 hours, Shukla
said, adding the body will be handed over to the student`s
family members after an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?