IIM-Indore student`s body fished out from waterfall
Indore: Body of the Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) student, who drowned in a waterfall near
here, was fished out today, police said.
Vinod Varma (25), a second year student of Post-
Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM-Indore, drowned in Sheetlamata
waterfall at Manpur, about 50 km from here, yesterday, they
Varma, a resident of Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), was part
of a group of students, who had gone to the waterfall for a
picnic. He went for a swimming in the fall, but got trapped in
whirlpool, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural),
Padmavilochan Shukla told reporters.
The other students raised an alarm but all efforts to
pull him out proved futile, he said.
Today four divers launched fresh efforts and pulled
his body from the deep waters after about 18 hours, Shukla
said, adding the body will be handed over to the student`s
family members after an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video