IIM-Indore student`s body fished out from waterfall
Indore: Body of the Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) student, who drowned in a waterfall near
here, was fished out today, police said.
Vinod Varma (25), a second year student of Post-
Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM-Indore, drowned in Sheetlamata
waterfall at Manpur, about 50 km from here, yesterday, they
Varma, a resident of Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), was part
of a group of students, who had gone to the waterfall for a
picnic. He went for a swimming in the fall, but got trapped in
whirlpool, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural),
Padmavilochan Shukla told reporters.
The other students raised an alarm but all efforts to
pull him out proved futile, he said.
Today four divers launched fresh efforts and pulled
his body from the deep waters after about 18 hours, Shukla
said, adding the body will be handed over to the student`s
family members after an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation