IIM-Indore student`s body fished out from waterfall
Indore: Body of the Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) student, who drowned in a waterfall near
here, was fished out today, police said.
Vinod Varma (25), a second year student of Post-
Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM-Indore, drowned in Sheetlamata
waterfall at Manpur, about 50 km from here, yesterday, they
Varma, a resident of Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), was part
of a group of students, who had gone to the waterfall for a
picnic. He went for a swimming in the fall, but got trapped in
whirlpool, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural),
Padmavilochan Shukla told reporters.
The other students raised an alarm but all efforts to
pull him out proved futile, he said.
Today four divers launched fresh efforts and pulled
his body from the deep waters after about 18 hours, Shukla
said, adding the body will be handed over to the student`s
family members after an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside