IIM-Indore student`s body fished out from waterfall
Indore: Body of the Indian Institute of
Management (IIM) student, who drowned in a waterfall near
here, was fished out today, police said.
Vinod Varma (25), a second year student of Post-
Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM-Indore, drowned in Sheetlamata
waterfall at Manpur, about 50 km from here, yesterday, they
Varma, a resident of Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), was part
of a group of students, who had gone to the waterfall for a
picnic. He went for a swimming in the fall, but got trapped in
whirlpool, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural),
Padmavilochan Shukla told reporters.
The other students raised an alarm but all efforts to
pull him out proved futile, he said.
Today four divers launched fresh efforts and pulled
his body from the deep waters after about 18 hours, Shukla
said, adding the body will be handed over to the student`s
family members after an autopsy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'