Illicit whisky worth Rs 7 lakh seized near Indore
Indore: Two persons were held after about 1,200 cartons of foreign liquor (blue chief whisky) worth Rs seven lakh was seized from a truck near Indore, police said
The liquor was seized last night on the Betma-Ghata Billod road and the driver and cleaner of the truck Santosh and Omprakash were arrested, they said.
A case under excise act was registered against a Gujarat firm where the consignment was being taken, police said.
The consignment was on way from a Raisen distillery in Bhopal to Gujarat via Indore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love