Illicit whisky worth Rs 7 lakh seized near Indore
Indore: Two persons were held after about 1,200 cartons of foreign liquor (blue chief whisky) worth Rs seven lakh was seized from a truck near Indore, police said
The liquor was seized last night on the Betma-Ghata Billod road and the driver and cleaner of the truck Santosh and Omprakash were arrested, they said.
A case under excise act was registered against a Gujarat firm where the consignment was being taken, police said.
The consignment was on way from a Raisen distillery in Bhopal to Gujarat via Indore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!