Illicit whisky worth Rs 7 lakh seized near Indore
Indore: Two persons were held after about 1,200 cartons of foreign liquor (blue chief whisky) worth Rs seven lakh was seized from a truck near Indore, police said
The liquor was seized last night on the Betma-Ghata Billod road and the driver and cleaner of the truck Santosh and Omprakash were arrested, they said.
A case under excise act was registered against a Gujarat firm where the consignment was being taken, police said.
The consignment was on way from a Raisen distillery in Bhopal to Gujarat via Indore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened