Illicit whisky worth Rs 7 lakh seized near Indore
Indore: Two persons were held after about 1,200 cartons of foreign liquor (blue chief whisky) worth Rs seven lakh was seized from a truck near Indore, police said
The liquor was seized last night on the Betma-Ghata Billod road and the driver and cleaner of the truck Santosh and Omprakash were arrested, they said.
A case under excise act was registered against a Gujarat firm where the consignment was being taken, police said.
The consignment was on way from a Raisen distillery in Bhopal to Gujarat via Indore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof