India`s `oldest man` passes away
Bhopal: Parasram Gurjar, believed to be the
oldest man in the country, has passed away at the age of 125
in his native village in Madhya Pradesh, family sources said
Gurjar, a native of Talkesari village in Hoshangabad
district, breathed his last yesterday afternoon, leaving
behind his only surviving son, 75-year-old Mohanlal, and a
family consisting of 14 grandchildren and three great
His three sons and a daughter predeceased him.
Gurjar`s 45-year-old grandson Hakam Singh told PTI that
his grandfather seldom fell ill, had no history of previous
ailments and did most of his daily chores by himself till the
"Yesterday afternoon, he asked me to bring Narmada water.
He had a few drops of water and then collapsed. We took him to
the Hamidia hospital where doctors declared him dead," Hakam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days