IPS murder: Suspect’s remand extended till May 26
Indore: A Special Court of CBI today extended the judicial remand of suspected mining mafia member and prime accused Manoj Gurjar in the IPS Officer Narendra Kumar Singh muder case till May 26.
Manoj was produced by CBI in the court of special judicial magistrate Shubhra Singh who extended his remand, senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla told reporters here.
Manoj allegedly mowed down the 32-year-old IPS officer, who was posted as sub-divisional officer of police (SDOP) at Barmore town in Morena district on March 8, when he tried to intercept a tractor-trolley laden with illegally mined stones allegedly being driven by the accused.
The investigation was handed over to CBI after slain officer`s wife Madhurani had sought a probe by the CBI into her husband`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube