IPS officer`s murder: IAS officers seek action
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh IAS Officers
Association has demanded a proper probe and stern action
against those responsible for the killing of IPS officer
Narendra Kumar Singh.
"A judicial inquiry has been ordered into the case by
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and we have also demanded
that a proper enquiry should be made and stern action taken in
the matter," Association president Aruna Sharma told PTI.
When asked about the demand for a CBI probe raised by the
slain officer`s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, who is also an IAS
officer posted at Gwalior, Sharma said, "no comment on that as
a judicial inquiry has already been ordered."
Madhya Pradesh IPS Officers Association, meanwhile, has
expressed concern over the rising number of incidents of
assault on police officials in the state.
"The rising incidents of assaults on the police officials
is a matter of concern," MP IPS Officers Association
President, VK Singh told PTI.
When asked about the demand for handing over the probe
into IPS officer`s killing to the CBI, Singh said, "since a
judicial inquiry has been ordered, it`s difficult to say
anything about it."
"The Association will take a call on it in case some new
facts about the incident came to light after the probe," he
said, adding that till now the Association has not taken any
stand on the demand.
The young IPS officer was allegedly murdered when he
forced to stop a tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined
stones and in the process got crushed under it on March 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!