Katare nominated Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA Satyadev Katare was on Thursday nominated as the Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
Katare`s nomination to the post was announced by the newly-elected Assembly Speaker, Dr Sitasharan Sharma.
Later, Congress MLAs led by Mahendra Singh Kalukheda, Dr Govind Singh, KP Singh and Mukesh Nayak among others accompanied Katare to his seat as per the convention.
After that, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Narottam Mishra and Urban Development and Administration Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya among others congratulated Katare.
Earlier, Chouhan said he would always welcome constructive criticism from the Opposition on issues of public interest.
Katare in his address assured that the Opposition will raise issues of public interest and would try to corner government on such matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok