Man arrested for `raping` daughter-in-law
Rewari: A 58-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly raping his daughter-in-law at Bangadwa village, 8-km from here, police said Tuesday.
Police said that the accused, identified as one Mahabir Singh Yadav, was today produced in a local court which has remanded him in 14-days` judicial custody.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her father-in-law sexually assaulted her yesterday when she was alone and then threatened her with dire consequences if she spoke of the incident to anyone.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been registered against the accused with the medical examination of the woman having been completed here last evening, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala