Medical students on indefinite hunger strike in MP
Indore: Seven youths, including two girls, staged an indefinite hunger strike here on Monday demanding a CBI probe into the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam which was exposed by the police.
"Because of the scam, a large number of eligible candidates failed to secure admission to medical colleges and therefore we are on an indefinite hunger strike demanding a CBI probe into the matter," one of the protesters, Surabhi Agrawal told reporters at the Krishnapura Chhatri area where agitators are on a hunger strike.
They also demanded that the state government publicise the list of candidates who secured admission to the state`s medical colleges since they benefited from the scam. They also wanted the government to ban admission of such candidates to medical colleges and take stern action against them.
The scam was exposed by the Indore Police on July 2 after arresting a number of people including three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examinations Board, responsible for conducting examinations for various professional colleges and government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’