Medical students on indefinite hunger strike in MP
Indore: Seven youths, including two girls, staged an indefinite hunger strike here on Monday demanding a CBI probe into the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam which was exposed by the police.
"Because of the scam, a large number of eligible candidates failed to secure admission to medical colleges and therefore we are on an indefinite hunger strike demanding a CBI probe into the matter," one of the protesters, Surabhi Agrawal told reporters at the Krishnapura Chhatri area where agitators are on a hunger strike.
They also demanded that the state government publicise the list of candidates who secured admission to the state`s medical colleges since they benefited from the scam. They also wanted the government to ban admission of such candidates to medical colleges and take stern action against them.
The scam was exposed by the Indore Police on July 2 after arresting a number of people including three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examinations Board, responsible for conducting examinations for various professional colleges and government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past