Medical students on indefinite hunger strike in MP
Indore: Seven youths, including two girls, staged an indefinite hunger strike here on Monday demanding a CBI probe into the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam which was exposed by the police.
"Because of the scam, a large number of eligible candidates failed to secure admission to medical colleges and therefore we are on an indefinite hunger strike demanding a CBI probe into the matter," one of the protesters, Surabhi Agrawal told reporters at the Krishnapura Chhatri area where agitators are on a hunger strike.
They also demanded that the state government publicise the list of candidates who secured admission to the state`s medical colleges since they benefited from the scam. They also wanted the government to ban admission of such candidates to medical colleges and take stern action against them.
The scam was exposed by the Indore Police on July 2 after arresting a number of people including three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examinations Board, responsible for conducting examinations for various professional colleges and government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy