Mirchi`s bungalow auctioned for Rs 7.50 crore
Bhopal: A sprawling bungalow of fugitive
druglord Iqbal Mirchi, overseeing picturesque Upper Lake here,
finally went under the hammer for Rs 7.5 crore.
The infamous "Angrejan Ka Bangla", situated at posh
Nadira Colony in Shyamla Hills area, was purchased by the
Mumbai-based Surewin Company, having interests in hospitality
industry, at the auction held yesterday, sources present on
the occasion told reporters.
The property was sold out under the Smugglers and
Foreign Exchange Manipulators Act (SAFEMA). The officials had
specially arrived from Mumbai for the purpose.
Mirchi, a close aide of Dawood Ibrahim, had purchased
the bungalow in his wife`s name in 1991. As the property once
belonged to an English lady, it has been called as the
`Angrejan Ka Bangla".
The bungalow has been lying unoccupied since 2004-05
when it was seized by the Customs and Excise officials on the
directions of the Supreme Court.
The 8343 sq ft property suddenly hogged the limelight
in 1998 when the decomposed body of Abdullah, one of the
alleged assassins involved in murder of T-Series owner Gulshan
Kumar, was found there.
A previous attempt to auction the property in 2007 did
not materialise as the bidders, despite depositing the earnest
amount, did not turn up at the auction, reportedly after being
threatened by the don.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog