Miscreants chop old woman`s legs to loot her silver jewellery in MP
Indore: Unidentified miscreants severed the legs of an old woman to loot her silver jewellery, causing grievous injuries, in Bagadia`s forest area, about 70 km away from here in the neighbouring Dhar district, police said on Sunday.
The victim, 70-year-old Kasturi Bai was rushed to MY Government Hospital in Indore in a serious condition, they said.
According to police, the incident took place yesterday when Bai went to the forest to graze goats and unidentified miscreants overpowered her by tying her hands and inserting a piece of cloth in her mouth.
On the basis of suspicion, the police picked up five people from the forest area, who are being questioned.
In western parts of Madhya Pradesh, women wear heavy silver bangles as part of the tradition due to which they become an easy targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what