Molested minor girl who set herself ablaze dies
Jabalpur: A 14-year-old girl, who had set herself on fire two days back after being allegedly molested by three youths, died here Tuesday, police said.
The girl, who suffered 90 per cent burns, succumbed to her injuries at the Jabalpur Medical College where she had been admitted on Sunday, police said.
The victim was living in village Kudari Umaria and in her dying declaration she had alleged that three youths of the village used to molest her and ask her to meet them in private. However, disturbed over this, the victim had even stopped going to school, police said.
On February 17, she locked herself in a room at her place, poured kerosene and set herself on fire, Barela Police Station in-charge D M Pandey told reporters.
Her parents broke open the door of the room and rushed her to the Government Jabalpur Medical College hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said adding that her body was sent for autopsy.
Police said that they have taken the three accused, identified as Mahrole Chakravarty, Kishan Choudhry and Roshan Choudhary, into custody.
All the three accused are members of the village defence committee, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users