Molested minor girl who set herself ablaze dies
Jabalpur: A 14-year-old girl, who had set herself on fire two days back after being allegedly molested by three youths, died here Tuesday, police said.
The girl, who suffered 90 per cent burns, succumbed to her injuries at the Jabalpur Medical College where she had been admitted on Sunday, police said.
The victim was living in village Kudari Umaria and in her dying declaration she had alleged that three youths of the village used to molest her and ask her to meet them in private. However, disturbed over this, the victim had even stopped going to school, police said.
On February 17, she locked herself in a room at her place, poured kerosene and set herself on fire, Barela Police Station in-charge D M Pandey told reporters.
Her parents broke open the door of the room and rushed her to the Government Jabalpur Medical College hospital. However, she succumbed to her injuries this morning, police said adding that her body was sent for autopsy.
Police said that they have taken the three accused, identified as Mahrole Chakravarty, Kishan Choudhry and Roshan Choudhary, into custody.
All the three accused are members of the village defence committee, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report