MP: Angry over insult to wife, man sets 7 on fire
Balaghat: Furious over alleged insult to his wife, a man on Thursday set ablaze five children and two women in Devtola area near here, police said.
Rameshwar Soni, the culprit, reportedly got angry when his wife was asked to get down from a jeep which was carrying a newly-wed couple.
Soni is related to the groom`s family and it was his nephew who was getting married.
After returning to Devtola, a furious Soni poured inflammable material on the kids and two women and set them on fire.
All the seven suffered serious injuries and were admitted to the district hospital in serious condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video