MP: Angry over insult to wife, man sets 7 on fire
Balaghat: Furious over alleged insult to his wife, a man on Thursday set ablaze five children and two women in Devtola area near here, police said.
Rameshwar Soni, the culprit, reportedly got angry when his wife was asked to get down from a jeep which was carrying a newly-wed couple.
Soni is related to the groom`s family and it was his nephew who was getting married.
After returning to Devtola, a furious Soni poured inflammable material on the kids and two women and set them on fire.
All the seven suffered serious injuries and were admitted to the district hospital in serious condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA