MP BJP chief cancels felicitation function
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha has cancelled the felicitation programme slated for Tuesday on his completing two years in office in the wake of death of a farmer in police firing.
"I have cancelled my felicitation programme in view of the death of a farmer in firing at Bareli in Raisen district," the state BJP chief said at a hurriedly convened press conference.
Prabhat said he felt that it would not be right to have a felicitation function under these circumstances.
He charged Congress with trying to mislead farmers and added that no one, irrespective of the organisation to which he belongs, would be spared.
Prabhat said he had set up a three-member committee to go into the reasons behind the incident at Bareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state