MP BJP chief cancels felicitation function
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha has cancelled the felicitation programme slated for Tuesday on his completing two years in office in the wake of death of a farmer in police firing.
"I have cancelled my felicitation programme in view of the death of a farmer in firing at Bareli in Raisen district," the state BJP chief said at a hurriedly convened press conference.
Prabhat said he felt that it would not be right to have a felicitation function under these circumstances.
He charged Congress with trying to mislead farmers and added that no one, irrespective of the organisation to which he belongs, would be spared.
Prabhat said he had set up a three-member committee to go into the reasons behind the incident at Bareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey