MP BJP chief cancels felicitation function
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha has cancelled the felicitation programme slated for Tuesday on his completing two years in office in the wake of death of a farmer in police firing.
"I have cancelled my felicitation programme in view of the death of a farmer in firing at Bareli in Raisen district," the state BJP chief said at a hurriedly convened press conference.
Prabhat said he felt that it would not be right to have a felicitation function under these circumstances.
He charged Congress with trying to mislead farmers and added that no one, irrespective of the organisation to which he belongs, would be spared.
Prabhat said he had set up a three-member committee to go into the reasons behind the incident at Bareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada
- England to go ahead with Bangladesh tour amid security fears