MP BJP chief cancels felicitation function
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha has cancelled the felicitation programme slated for Tuesday on his completing two years in office in the wake of death of a farmer in police firing.
"I have cancelled my felicitation programme in view of the death of a farmer in firing at Bareli in Raisen district," the state BJP chief said at a hurriedly convened press conference.
Prabhat said he felt that it would not be right to have a felicitation function under these circumstances.
He charged Congress with trying to mislead farmers and added that no one, irrespective of the organisation to which he belongs, would be spared.
Prabhat said he had set up a three-member committee to go into the reasons behind the incident at Bareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon