MP CM welcomes some proposals in Rail Budget
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of setting up of a diesel locomotive in Vidisha near here and introduction of a new AC Double-decker train between Habibganj and Indore in the Rail budget.
He thanked Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi for including four stations of the state in the model station scheme, official sources said.
The Chief Minister, however, regretted the proposed hike in passenger fares, saying it will put additional financial burden on the common man.
Chouhan said it would have been better if adequate financial provisions had been made in the budget for completing the pending Railway projects.
Leader of Opposition and Congress member Ajay Singh welcomed the introduction of Indore-Rewa train and sought direct rail link to Sidhi district. He hailed the introduction of Jabalpur-Singralui Intercity Express train.
These facilities will benefit the people of Vindhya region, especially students and businessmen, Singh said in a statement here. The ruling BJP termed the budget as "directionless" though it welcomed certain proposals.
Senior BJP leaders in MP congratulated Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj for getting the diesel locomotive plant at Vidisha, her constituency.
However, State BJP President Prabhat Jha termed the overall budget as "directionless" and said his party will hold a state-wide protest tomorrow on the issues of fare hike and lack of adequate facilities for passengers.
BJP leaders will submit a memorandum addressed to the Prime Minister and Railway Minister through the Railway divisional offices in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon