MP CM welcomes some proposals in Rail Budget
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of setting up of a diesel locomotive in Vidisha near here and introduction of a new AC Double-decker train between Habibganj and Indore in the Rail budget.
He thanked Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi for including four stations of the state in the model station scheme, official sources said.
The Chief Minister, however, regretted the proposed hike in passenger fares, saying it will put additional financial burden on the common man.
Chouhan said it would have been better if adequate financial provisions had been made in the budget for completing the pending Railway projects.
Leader of Opposition and Congress member Ajay Singh welcomed the introduction of Indore-Rewa train and sought direct rail link to Sidhi district. He hailed the introduction of Jabalpur-Singralui Intercity Express train.
These facilities will benefit the people of Vindhya region, especially students and businessmen, Singh said in a statement here. The ruling BJP termed the budget as "directionless" though it welcomed certain proposals.
Senior BJP leaders in MP congratulated Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj for getting the diesel locomotive plant at Vidisha, her constituency.
However, State BJP President Prabhat Jha termed the overall budget as "directionless" and said his party will hold a state-wide protest tomorrow on the issues of fare hike and lack of adequate facilities for passengers.
BJP leaders will submit a memorandum addressed to the Prime Minister and Railway Minister through the Railway divisional offices in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert