MP: Constable arrested in sex racket case
Balaghat (MP): A constable allegedly involved in the sex-racket which was recently busted by the police at Chandori village was arrested here on Thursday.
Constable Nikhilesh Thakur was arrested by the police following a tip-off. However, the kingpin, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) Mekhraj Shreeneel, and a few other policemen were absconding.
Shreeneel was posted in Mandla district`s Bamni Banjar village and was suspended after his name cropped up in the sex racket case.
The racket was allegedly run by a Chandora-based man and his wife, already arrested by the police.
The gang also made CDs of their customers and blackmailed them, police said.
Shreeneel has moved an application for anticipatory bail before the Chief Judicial Magistrate, which will be heard tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!