MP Governor condoles death of Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav has expressed profound grief over the demise of renowned Dhrupad singer Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar.
Dagar (80), son of the illustrious Dhrupadiya Ustad Ziauddin Dagar and the 19th generation artist of the Dagar clan, died after a brief illness yesterday at his Gurukul near Panvel in Navi Mumbai.
Condoling the death of the Dhrupad exponent, the Governor said that the style of singing has suffered an irreparable loss with the passing away of Fariduddin Dagar, officials sources said.
Yadav said that Dagar`s contribution in popularising Dhrupad style of singing worldwide will never be forgotten.
Madhya Pradesh Culture and Public Relations Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of the vocalist by recalling his contribution in making popular the Dhrupad style of singing, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman