MP Governor condoles death of Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav has expressed profound grief over the demise of renowned Dhrupad singer Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar.
Dagar (80), son of the illustrious Dhrupadiya Ustad Ziauddin Dagar and the 19th generation artist of the Dagar clan, died after a brief illness yesterday at his Gurukul near Panvel in Navi Mumbai.
Condoling the death of the Dhrupad exponent, the Governor said that the style of singing has suffered an irreparable loss with the passing away of Fariduddin Dagar, officials sources said.
Yadav said that Dagar`s contribution in popularising Dhrupad style of singing worldwide will never be forgotten.
Madhya Pradesh Culture and Public Relations Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of the vocalist by recalling his contribution in making popular the Dhrupad style of singing, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?