MP Governor condoles death of Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav has expressed profound grief over the demise of renowned Dhrupad singer Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar.
Dagar (80), son of the illustrious Dhrupadiya Ustad Ziauddin Dagar and the 19th generation artist of the Dagar clan, died after a brief illness yesterday at his Gurukul near Panvel in Navi Mumbai.
Condoling the death of the Dhrupad exponent, the Governor said that the style of singing has suffered an irreparable loss with the passing away of Fariduddin Dagar, officials sources said.
Yadav said that Dagar`s contribution in popularising Dhrupad style of singing worldwide will never be forgotten.
Madhya Pradesh Culture and Public Relations Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of the vocalist by recalling his contribution in making popular the Dhrupad style of singing, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged