MP Governor condoles death of Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav has expressed profound grief over the demise of renowned Dhrupad singer Ustad Zia Fariduddin Dagar.
Dagar (80), son of the illustrious Dhrupadiya Ustad Ziauddin Dagar and the 19th generation artist of the Dagar clan, died after a brief illness yesterday at his Gurukul near Panvel in Navi Mumbai.
Condoling the death of the Dhrupad exponent, the Governor said that the style of singing has suffered an irreparable loss with the passing away of Fariduddin Dagar, officials sources said.
Yadav said that Dagar`s contribution in popularising Dhrupad style of singing worldwide will never be forgotten.
Madhya Pradesh Culture and Public Relations Minister Laxmikant Sharma also condoled the death of the vocalist by recalling his contribution in making popular the Dhrupad style of singing, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video