MP govt gets NHRC notice over girl`s suicide due to ragging
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Friday issued notices to the Madhya Pradesh government regarding a case in which a girl committed suicide after being allegedly humiliated by seniors during ragging in college.
Notices have been issued to the Department of Education and Training principal secretary and Bhopal SSP. They have been given four-week time to respond, an NHRC statement said.
According to media reports, the girl had committed suicide on August 6 after her alleged humiliation by seniors during ragging in RKDF College of Pharmacy in Bhopal.
"Reportedly, in her suicide note, the girl had also mentioned that teachers of the college knew about the ragging but did nothing," the statement said.
The Commission has also directed the principal secretary to inform as to what steps have been taken by the government and professional colleges, particularly RKDF College of Pharmacy, to prevent ragging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!