MP govt overlooked ASI order on Bhojshala: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh, on Saturday alleged that Madhya Pradesh Government overlooked ASI order on performing of puja and namaz at the disputed site at Bhojshala and maintaining communal harmony.
"The state government failed in implementing the ASI order on the issue of performing puja and namaz at Bhojshala and went back on assurance given to the Union Home Ministry in this regard," Digvijay Singh said in a statement.
He said that despite enforcement of section 144 in Dhar town, district administration allowed saffron forces to take out rallies during which communal speeches and inflammatory slogans were raised which resulted in tension.
Though the administration claimed that namaz was offered in the Bhojhala-Kamaal Moula Ki Mosque, those who went in stated that they were not allowed to offer prayers at the designated place, the statement said.
"If this was correct, the State Government should admit its failure. I will also write to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to probe the issue," he said.
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) had issued an order stipulating the time at which entry into the Bhojshala would be allowed to Hindus (for Basant Panchami) and Muslims (to offer Namaz) on February 14 and 15.
There has been dispute between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument. Basant Panchami occurred this year on Friday - February 15 when Muslims offer Namaz there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed