MP govt overlooked ASI order on Bhojshala: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh, on Saturday alleged that Madhya Pradesh Government overlooked ASI order on performing of puja and namaz at the disputed site at Bhojshala and maintaining communal harmony.
"The state government failed in implementing the ASI order on the issue of performing puja and namaz at Bhojshala and went back on assurance given to the Union Home Ministry in this regard," Digvijay Singh said in a statement.
He said that despite enforcement of section 144 in Dhar town, district administration allowed saffron forces to take out rallies during which communal speeches and inflammatory slogans were raised which resulted in tension.
Though the administration claimed that namaz was offered in the Bhojhala-Kamaal Moula Ki Mosque, those who went in stated that they were not allowed to offer prayers at the designated place, the statement said.
"If this was correct, the State Government should admit its failure. I will also write to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to probe the issue," he said.
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) had issued an order stipulating the time at which entry into the Bhojshala would be allowed to Hindus (for Basant Panchami) and Muslims (to offer Namaz) on February 14 and 15.
There has been dispute between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument. Basant Panchami occurred this year on Friday - February 15 when Muslims offer Namaz there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read