MP govt overlooked ASI order on Bhojshala: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh, on Saturday alleged that Madhya Pradesh Government overlooked ASI order on performing of puja and namaz at the disputed site at Bhojshala and maintaining communal harmony.
"The state government failed in implementing the ASI order on the issue of performing puja and namaz at Bhojshala and went back on assurance given to the Union Home Ministry in this regard," Digvijay Singh said in a statement.
He said that despite enforcement of section 144 in Dhar town, district administration allowed saffron forces to take out rallies during which communal speeches and inflammatory slogans were raised which resulted in tension.
Though the administration claimed that namaz was offered in the Bhojhala-Kamaal Moula Ki Mosque, those who went in stated that they were not allowed to offer prayers at the designated place, the statement said.
"If this was correct, the State Government should admit its failure. I will also write to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to probe the issue," he said.
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) had issued an order stipulating the time at which entry into the Bhojshala would be allowed to Hindus (for Basant Panchami) and Muslims (to offer Namaz) on February 14 and 15.
There has been dispute between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument. Basant Panchami occurred this year on Friday - February 15 when Muslims offer Namaz there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...