MP govt to draw Centre`s attention on bad national highways
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to draw attention of the Centre towards the poor condition of national highways in the state.
At the state Cabinet meeting here yesterday, it was decided that all the members (of the Cabinet) would meet the Prime Minister in New Delhi and apprise him about the poor roads on national highways.
The Cabinet members would also raise the issue of allotment of low quality coal to power plants in the state.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a statement here that the Centre had given lot of funds to Madhya Pradesh in the last nine years for several projects, including maintenance and building of roads.
"I demand that the state government should issue a white paper for what it had done with the funds received from the Centre in the last nine years," Ajay said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had himself at a meeting of the Public Works Department given a list of state highways which were in a bad condition, he said.
Under these circumstances, Chouhan had no right to talk about the poor condition of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves