MP govt to draw Centre`s attention on bad national highways
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to draw attention of the Centre towards the poor condition of national highways in the state.
At the state Cabinet meeting here yesterday, it was decided that all the members (of the Cabinet) would meet the Prime Minister in New Delhi and apprise him about the poor roads on national highways.
The Cabinet members would also raise the issue of allotment of low quality coal to power plants in the state.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a statement here that the Centre had given lot of funds to Madhya Pradesh in the last nine years for several projects, including maintenance and building of roads.
"I demand that the state government should issue a white paper for what it had done with the funds received from the Centre in the last nine years," Ajay said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had himself at a meeting of the Public Works Department given a list of state highways which were in a bad condition, he said.
Under these circumstances, Chouhan had no right to talk about the poor condition of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what