MP govt to draw Centre`s attention on bad national highways
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to draw attention of the Centre towards the poor condition of national highways in the state.
At the state Cabinet meeting here yesterday, it was decided that all the members (of the Cabinet) would meet the Prime Minister in New Delhi and apprise him about the poor roads on national highways.
The Cabinet members would also raise the issue of allotment of low quality coal to power plants in the state.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a statement here that the Centre had given lot of funds to Madhya Pradesh in the last nine years for several projects, including maintenance and building of roads.
"I demand that the state government should issue a white paper for what it had done with the funds received from the Centre in the last nine years," Ajay said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had himself at a meeting of the Public Works Department given a list of state highways which were in a bad condition, he said.
Under these circumstances, Chouhan had no right to talk about the poor condition of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali