MP rationalises deployment of security personnel
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government will no
longer provide security free of cost to any person except
those holding constitutional posts.
The decision to the effect was taken at a meeting of
the state`s Security Committee headed by Madhya Pradesh Home
Minister Uma Shankar Gupta yesterday, official sources said.
The committee decided to rationalise deployment of
security personnel for providing security to important
persons and has decided not to provide free of cost security
cover to anyone except those who were occupying constitutional
posts, the sources said.
It was, however, not immediately known as to how much
would the police charge for providing security to those not
holding constitutional posts.
The panel also decided to ponder over constituting a
separate security unit on the lines of Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) for deployment at important
The Home Minister also directed that police escort
vehicle be provided to ministers right up to their residences,
the sources said.
Gupta also directed the officials to prepare a plan
detailing the requirement of the police force over the next
five years and instructed them to fill all vacant posts in the
The Home Minister said municipal bodies should make a
budgetary provision in their respective budgets for providing
security to Mayors.
Gupta also directed the officials to ensure that all
the drivers deployed on ministerial duties should compulsorily
get their eye-sight checked every six month and also provide
adequate training to the security personnel deployed on the
security of VIPs.
The minister also directed to provide 16 new jeeps to
the police for further strengthening the pilot vehicle system,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000