MP to be made no. 1 state: Chouhan
Bhopal: All efforts will be made to turn Madhya Pradesh into the number one state in the country, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
"Efforts are being made with people`s cooperation for the progress of Madhya Pradesh which is an agrarian state," Chouhan said while addressing the `Antyodaya Mela` at Naugaon in Chhattarpur district yesterday.
At the fair, funds to the tune of Rs 5.16 crore under various schemes were sanctioned to 11,861 beneficiaries.
Irrigation facilities in the state have been increased, Chouhan said adding that Madhya Pradesh will prosper only when its farmers become rich and prosperous.
Rules will also be amended to provide compensation against loss to betel crop in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack