MPCPCR team visits MP school where boy beaten by teachers died
Bhopal: A team from Madhya Pradesh Commission for Protection of Childrens Right (MPCPCR) visited Pathakheda school in Betul district where a minor student Aslam Ansari was brutally beaten by his teachers, resulting in his death at the Hamidia Hospital here on December 4.
The MPCPCR team led by its Chairperson Usha Chaturvedi, during its inquiry yesterday found that Aslam, a fourth grade student was allegedly beaten on November 16 but was first taken to a private medical practitioner only on November 25 who referred him to Betul district hospital.
Aslam had received injuries on his backbone when he was punished for allegedly breaking a plastic bucket in the school.
MPCPCR sources said that Aslam had not received medical treatment for nine days after the injuries, as per the medical documents checked by the team.
They said that Aslam was taken to the hospital on November 27 where doctors told his parents Haider and Munni Ansari that he needed special medical care.
The SCPCR team was told that accused teacher Vijay Bhagat offered to get the child treated at Nagpur and took them there but he fled from the scene after taking medical papers with him.
Aslam`s family came back to Betul and took their son again to the district hospital on December 3 from where he was referred to Hamidia Hospital Bhopal--- where he died.
The MPCPCR which was of the view that it was a clear case of medical negligence with the child also held discussions with Haider and Munni Ansari, classmates of Aslam, school authorities, school education department officials and police officers.
They found that Aslam was hit by the teachers and his hand was also twisted behind his back by one of the teachers.
According to the MPCPCR team, the accused teachers have already been arrested and charged under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Chaturvedi said she will recommend to the state government to prevent incidents of cruelty to children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan