One killed in train-trolley collision in MP
Balaghat: A person was killed and three others were seriously injured when a memu train collided with a tractor-trolley at an umanned railway crossing on Sunday between Waraseoni and Gondia section here.
The memu train was on its way to Gondia (Maharashtra) from Waraseoni in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.
The incident took place when the mainline electric multiple unit train (memu) was supposed to arrive at the unmanned railway crossing and suddenly a tractor-trolley loaded with sand crossed the railway track without realising that the train was fast approaching, police said.
The train hit the tractor-trolley causing serious injuries to four persons who were rushed to district hospital, Balaghat for treatment.
However, one of them identified as Shailendra succumbed to his injuries, police said adding the condition of other three is critical.
A case has been registered in this regard and further probe was on.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on