One killed in train-trolley collision in MP
Balaghat: A person was killed and three others were seriously injured when a memu train collided with a tractor-trolley at an umanned railway crossing on Sunday between Waraseoni and Gondia section here.
The memu train was on its way to Gondia (Maharashtra) from Waraseoni in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.
The incident took place when the mainline electric multiple unit train (memu) was supposed to arrive at the unmanned railway crossing and suddenly a tractor-trolley loaded with sand crossed the railway track without realising that the train was fast approaching, police said.
The train hit the tractor-trolley causing serious injuries to four persons who were rushed to district hospital, Balaghat for treatment.
However, one of them identified as Shailendra succumbed to his injuries, police said adding the condition of other three is critical.
A case has been registered in this regard and further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report