One killed in train-trolley collision in MP
Balaghat: A person was killed and three others were seriously injured when a memu train collided with a tractor-trolley at an umanned railway crossing on Sunday between Waraseoni and Gondia section here.
The memu train was on its way to Gondia (Maharashtra) from Waraseoni in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh.
The incident took place when the mainline electric multiple unit train (memu) was supposed to arrive at the unmanned railway crossing and suddenly a tractor-trolley loaded with sand crossed the railway track without realising that the train was fast approaching, police said.
The train hit the tractor-trolley causing serious injuries to four persons who were rushed to district hospital, Balaghat for treatment.
However, one of them identified as Shailendra succumbed to his injuries, police said adding the condition of other three is critical.
A case has been registered in this regard and further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM