Over 3 lakh MP farmers got solutions from Kisan Call Centre
Bhopal: A call centre set up to help farmers
in Madhya Pradesh, dubbed the Kisan Call Centre, has resolved
over three lakh problems within just two years of existence,
as per a report.
In the past two years, the Kisan Call Centre received a
total of 3,18,106 calls from farmers, including those situated
in remote tribal areas, seeking solutions to problems related
to agriculture, horticulture and animal husbandry, the report
by the Indian Society of Agriculture Professionals (ISAP),
which sponsors the call centre, said.
The maximum number of queries were received from the
Shivpuri and Shajapur districts. Farmers from the tribal-
dominated districts of Betul, Anuppur, Singrauli and Shahdol
also called the call centre to get their doubts cleared.
It was found that the 1,73,274 calls were related to
agriculture crops, while 93,299 questions were about
horticulture and 12,802 were related to animal husbandry.
Even though phone density is less in tribal-dominated
districts, several farmers from far-flung villages had enough
interest to call the centre to get their problems solved.
The Kisan Call Centre was set up in 2008 on the
initiative of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan by the
state Farmer Welfare and Agriculture Development Department.
During these two years, farmers from all 50 districts of
the state called the Kisan Call Centre`s toll-free number to
speak to the available specialists.
Fifteen subject specialists were available in the call
centre in two shifts to provide solutions to farmers`
The Kisan Call Centre is being jointly run under the
National Agriculture Development Project through a private-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal