People voted in large numbers due to BJP`s misrule: Cong
Bhopal: Expressing satisfaction over a good turnout in Madhya Pradesh assembly polls on Monday, State Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said that people came out in large numbers to vote for Congress as they were fed up of BJP`s corruption.
"I expressed my gratitude to the Congress leadership and the people of the state for coming out in large numbers to vote for the Congress, as they were fed-up with the BJP`s corruption and misrule," Bhuria told reporters after polling ended in the state.
According to the State Election Office, more than 70 per cent people exercised their right to vote.
Bhuria said that anger against the BJP government was also reflected when people decided to boycott voting in a number of polling booths in protest against lack of development in their respective areas.
Answering a question, Bhuria said that the Congress is confident of winning nearly 150 seats and added that the Chief Minister would be decided by elected MLAs and the Congress high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains