PIL seeking challans in case against Digvijay dismissed
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court dismissed a PIL seeking for direction to state government to file a challan in a case registered against former chief minister Digvijay Singh for allegedly giving unauthorized permission to construct shopping complex in Indore eight years ago.
The case pertains to permission granted to Kalani builders to build a shopping complex while Singh was chief minister of the state.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice S R Alam and Justice Alok Aradhe dismissed the PIL yesterday after the State submitted that the petitioner, former MLA Kishore Samrite, had criminal background.
Samrite had filed the PIL stating that though the Economic Offence Wing (EOW) had registered a case against Singh and 10 others on February 12, 2009, it was not filing challans against them in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP