PIL seeking challans in case against Digvijay dismissed
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court dismissed a PIL seeking for direction to state government to file a challan in a case registered against former chief minister Digvijay Singh for allegedly giving unauthorized permission to construct shopping complex in Indore eight years ago.
The case pertains to permission granted to Kalani builders to build a shopping complex while Singh was chief minister of the state.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice S R Alam and Justice Alok Aradhe dismissed the PIL yesterday after the State submitted that the petitioner, former MLA Kishore Samrite, had criminal background.
Samrite had filed the PIL stating that though the Economic Offence Wing (EOW) had registered a case against Singh and 10 others on February 12, 2009, it was not filing challans against them in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery