PM should have a relook at economy: Chouhan
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of the `Time` magazine report, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have a "relook" at current state of economy.
"Although I don`t want to comment on it`s (TIME) assessment. But the economic condition of the country, specially current growth rate, devaluation of rupee against the U S dollar, declining FDI, soaring inflation and above all it the rising corruption are the issues on which Prime Minister should think," Chouhan said in response to a query on recent report in the international magazine dubbing Singh as an "under achiever".
Chouhan was speaking to reporters in backdrop of BJP sweeping the local bodies polls in tribal areas of the state. BJP won 21 out of total 27 municipalities that went to polls recently. The results were declared today.
Terming as "unpercedented" the party`s success in the polls, the chief minister said, "People want development and have voted for it. They are not interested in allegations and counter-allegations".
BJP emerged victorious in traditional Congress bastions of Chhindwara, Mandla, Jhabua and Dhar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!