PM should have a relook at economy: Chouhan
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of the `Time` magazine report, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have a "relook" at current state of economy.
"Although I don`t want to comment on it`s (TIME) assessment. But the economic condition of the country, specially current growth rate, devaluation of rupee against the U S dollar, declining FDI, soaring inflation and above all it the rising corruption are the issues on which Prime Minister should think," Chouhan said in response to a query on recent report in the international magazine dubbing Singh as an "under achiever".
Chouhan was speaking to reporters in backdrop of BJP sweeping the local bodies polls in tribal areas of the state. BJP won 21 out of total 27 municipalities that went to polls recently. The results were declared today.
Terming as "unpercedented" the party`s success in the polls, the chief minister said, "People want development and have voted for it. They are not interested in allegations and counter-allegations".
BJP emerged victorious in traditional Congress bastions of Chhindwara, Mandla, Jhabua and Dhar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen