PM should have a relook at economy: Chouhan
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of the `Time` magazine report, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have a "relook" at current state of economy.
"Although I don`t want to comment on it`s (TIME) assessment. But the economic condition of the country, specially current growth rate, devaluation of rupee against the U S dollar, declining FDI, soaring inflation and above all it the rising corruption are the issues on which Prime Minister should think," Chouhan said in response to a query on recent report in the international magazine dubbing Singh as an "under achiever".
Chouhan was speaking to reporters in backdrop of BJP sweeping the local bodies polls in tribal areas of the state. BJP won 21 out of total 27 municipalities that went to polls recently. The results were declared today.
Terming as "unpercedented" the party`s success in the polls, the chief minister said, "People want development and have voted for it. They are not interested in allegations and counter-allegations".
BJP emerged victorious in traditional Congress bastions of Chhindwara, Mandla, Jhabua and Dhar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- EPFO to consider hike in ETF investments next week
- Congress, Marxist MLA duo joins Trinamool
- Maruti sets up water ATM at Kasan; to open 3 more in the region
- Kejriwal bullying people, misusing Delhi funds in Punjab: Akali Dal
- Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani impress with brand new poster of 'The Legend of Michael Mishra'